Random Amusings

I like to write stuff. This is where I put some of it.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

From my cold, dead hands

Most of my friends know I’m pretty liberal on social issues, but some people still ask me about my position on gun-control and, more specifically, Ohio’s conceal-carry law. Personally, I’m against it. It isn’t because I think the 2nd amendment is an antiquated declaration, (though I do) and it isn’t because I think the 1st amendment is more important (though I do). What really scares me is the thought that the 45-year old man trying to pay for his groceries by scanning a $20 bill at the U-Scan terminal might be packing. If the words “Please insert bills into the bill acceptor” confuse you, then I’m sorry for not trusting your intelligence enough to decide whether I should live or die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home