Random Amusings

I like to write stuff. This is where I put some of it.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm surprised they CAN read.

The things that I think of pale in comparison to the intentions and actions of the stupid. According to the Banned Books Week 2001 Resource Guide, the Plymouth-Canton school district in Canton, MI tried to ban Zen Buddhism: Selected Writings” by D.T. Suzuki (ed. Note: A Great book, by the way) because "this book details the teachings of the religion of Buddhism in such a way that the reader could very likely embrace its teachings and choose this as his religion." I don’t know about you, but I think the LAST thing this world needs is a bunch of introspective pacifists running around. That would be horrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home