Random Amusings

I like to write stuff. This is where I put some of it.

Monday, June 25, 2007

More things I'm banning

This list of recently banned verbal disgraces doesn't apply just to the internet. I reserve the right to beat you if you use these in my presence.



1. What happens in _________, stays in _________. This is the new "The first Rule of ________ is 'Don't talk about ________'" The Fight Club thing may be funny again in 3-5 years, once people forget about it. That means that the Vegas slogan will be funny in 2018.



2. Superlatives. I don't care what you think; that is probably not the funniest video ever. That is not the best headline ever. You are not the smartest person ever. Deal with it. (ed. note: I know I'm guilty of this. I'm working on it).



3. Pathetic Punchline: Priceless. Just because someone lists the price of two objects doesn't give you the right to finish the next sentence with ": Priceless." If you are so hard up for a punchline, you are trying too hard. Give this a break. Is it 2002 already?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home